Sunday, May 26, 2013

Defining Life

Life is a cave
you try not to be
it's slave
The more you try
the more it makes you cry
still be on the move
with the hope
that for some light
there's always a scope

Meanwhile, some bats that surround
they just hover around
to put me back
down to the ground
Out of their mind
they are themselves blind
the fact that I'll make it
jealous and baffled
they are never kind

With each encountered bend
I sense some light
but it turns out to be a mirage
the end being out of sight

I disarm myself
ready to surrender
but the vengeance
hidden under
flashes out with accompanying thunder
I start again
with the thought
that not giving a try
would be a blunder

On and On
is this cycle of dark and light
So I do fall but get up and fight
with the goal in sight
I keep it tight
for the fact that
I deserve the light

No comments:

Post a Comment