Thursday, July 18, 2013

The Last Rites

In my mind
Some memories in flashes
Some bitter
Some sweet
Having clashes
Having breathed your last
I burnt you to ashes
All possibilities
All hopes
they went up with the fumes
witnessed the rift:
what happens
and what man assumes

Looking at the ash
wondered if it was the end
but came the weekend
Offered the ash to the stream
that very night
I had a dream
Voice gave a threat
that it is'nt over yet
then I saw
the ash away with the flow
high and low
to a place we know
the one I could see
yes it was the sea

This did'nt stop there
was the SUN
shining up there
towards it
under the glow
the ash began to flow
Again came the thought
that THIS IS IT
It was not though

Eyes felt the strain
I woke up to the rain
I let each drop on me
did not refrain
got you back in me
said the sweet pain
    R.I.P Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment